The Advent of Excellence

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Dream is Dying

I've recently joined twitter and my experience has been mixed, leaning to good. The subject I'm writing about today is the quest for world peace and the people that i believe are sabotaging it. Some of these people mean well I'm guessing but their tactics will only harm us.

These "civil rights advocates" advocate a aggressive and adversarial style of getting things done. Instead of peaceful discussion, they want conflict. Instead of unity, they want conflict. I'm starting to believe that some of these people do not want peace. They want to destroy their perceived foes. I love the entire world and I want to save it, including the people who hate me. I believe that only with peace and understanding that we can save the world and unite all into one. I know pain and suffering better than some, but I also know of love and compassion.

The urge to strike back in furious vengeance is strong, but I am strong and wise enough to resist and know that the circle will continue if I answer the call of vindication. My adversaries probably never answer the call of peace and unity, but that does not mean that I have to let hatred and vengeance consume my soul.

One cannot defeat hatred with hatred, it is like trying to douse fire with more fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment