The Advent of Excellence

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The LGBT appeal to New Age Spirituality and Religion


A lot of people ask this question and I felt like giving my own opinion on the subject. From my experience. LGBT people are just as spiritual or religious as anyone else. They get pushed out of their home religions because they cannot reconcile the differences between their beliefs and themselves. I used to be Chirstian for example. But we do not stop believing or being spirtual because of this and find atheism to be undesireable for ourselves.

We long for a spiritual place to call home. A place to feel wanted and a place to belong. We long for a spiritual community to join.

That is why a lot of us seek the new age. The new age in general is extermely welcoming and accepting of differences. The new age holds love, commpassion and understanding over tradition, dogma and intolerence.  It is fluid and everchanging like myself instead of rigid like most other religions.

The new age guides me by fosters my compassion and love instead of by fear and threats of damnation.  The new age encorages me to befriend all people of the world and celebrate our differences instead of being their enemy and cursing their differences from me. 

For the first time in a long time, I feel free. I am free to be all of who I am. I can be Saige Verbena Morada, woman, mystic and scholar.

Soon enough I will have no need for double lives. For my spiritualiy is in tune with my being

No comments:

Post a Comment