The Advent of Excellence

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ponderings: Grief

I feel that this is the major thing that harms my life and cripples my ability to do anything. A long time ago. I was loved and looked up to. I was considered a prodigy and everyone had words of praise for me on their lips.  I did volunteer work and was thanked by the people I helped. The family loved me and believed I would make them proud.

I was a damn hero to those around me. And then I lost it all. To cut a long story short, a number of horrifying events turned that loving kind do-gooder into what I am now. I have a repugnant personality, no one wants to be around me and people hate my guts.

I long for the old days when I was a hero. my mind is preoccupied with reclaiming what was once mine. I actually love helping people, but now I am preoccupied with trying to be loved again.

Dreams of my past glory haunt me. I guess the glory days haunt everyone who's lost status like I have.

My only hope in life is to leave the glory days behind. And forge a new idenity 

No comments:

Post a Comment